Friday, July 23, 2004

Today is the Feast for St. Anthony of the Kievan Caves, Saints Leontius, Maurice, Daniel, Anthony, and the 45 Martyrs of Nicopolis in Armenia. Glory to God for All Things! Blessed Saints pray for us!
+ + +
The ol' curmudgeon is going through cardiac rehab, and I'm tagging along. Each session throws me into a "flare" of fibromyalgia, but the flares don't last long. Overall, I'm feeling a little better, I think. Having to go to rehab is "making" me exercise and I need that impetus. I got him an exercise bike because his hips are bothering him so much when he tries to use the treadmill. Now he has no excuse for not excercising! Of course, neither do I, except my own laziness. The ol' curmudgeon has set up the other TV downstairs in front of the bike. Now I just need to get a really cheap DVD/VCR to play DVDs and tapes while exercising. TV is such a vast wasteland. Ninety-nine channels of BLEAH programs and nothing to watch.
+ + +
Why do we need another "layer" of bureaucracy - the Intelligence Czar recommended by the 9-11 commission? Seems to me that just refurbishing the CIA Chief's position in line with the 1949 law that created the CIA would do it.
+ + +
Mr. Magnus, the big black cat, eats separately from "the girls" so they won't steal his food and so he won't eat theirs. Having a cat on a special diet is very interesting. The girls are convinced his food must be better than theirs. He's convinced their food must be better than his. I'm not convinced either food is better - just different. Figuring out how to get the Magnatronic to drink more water was a pain - but managed to do it. Now, if I could just keep them from using the corner of the dining room as a sand box I'll be happy.
+ + +
May God bless all who read this.

No comments: