Thursday, August 12, 2004

Thursday, August 12 / July 30 (Church Calendar)
Apostles Silas and Silvanus of the Seventy and those with them: Crescens, Epenetus, and Andronicus

Glory to God for All Things!

I was searching diligently on the web for the Akathist of St. George, when I ran across a reference to a Serbian Orthodox Church. I "went there" and have started a most rewarding e-corresondence with the priest. Fr. Rodney Torbic of St. George Serbian Orthodox Church in Carmichaels PA pointed me to a book I already had (duh!) (The Book of Akathists available from St. John of Kronstadt Press) is a wonderful resource, and I got it out immediately!

+ + + + +

OpinionJournal - Outside the Box

I'm finding, more and more, that Opinion Journal is a lovely place to find well-reasoned examination of issues - the logic that is generally missing during the "Silly Season" when politicoes are appealing to the emotions of the electorate. There are so many lies out there - by both sides - that it's nice to find a place that holds both sides accountable for what they say! Opinion Journal is free (as opposed to the web version of the WSJ, which is exhorbitant).

+ + + + +

Fr. Rodney Torbic suggested I should do some writing on healthcare ethics. Will have to think about it some, but it might be something I could do. Certainly, I see all of the seamy sides of healthcare being in the medical-legal end of things!

No comments: